In this section, please write about your research process as you completed your Independent Study. Submissions will be judged on the following criteria:
- Sophistication, originality, or unusual depth or breadth in contributing to our understanding of sustainability and/or the environment.
- Exceptional ability to evaluate and synthesize ideas and information from a diversity of sources in the creation of a project in any media.
- Evidence of significant personal learning and the development of a pattern of research and investigation that shows understanding and has the potential to lead to future inquiry.
- Evidence of reflection on the research process.
Consider these questions as you develop your statement. No need to answer all these questions; simply use them as a starting point for telling the story of your Independent Study research.
- What are the connections between your project and sustainability/the environment?
- How did completing this project change your understanding of the relationship between humans and their environment?
- What did you learn about your own research process throughout your I.S.?
- Have you gained a particular expertise with respect to your research? (e.g. is there something so exciting, you shared it with your family or friends?)
- What would you change about your research process if given the chance to repeat this project?
- Why did you choose this project, and what impact could it (and/or future research) have on environmental issues?