Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
In particular, you may be interested in our eBooks LibGuide listing most of our ebook collections.
Additionally, information regarding licensing and numbers of simultaneous users is available in the chart listed below.
Freely available eBooks and other online materials
You may also find eBooks in the public domain, and primary sources at these websites:
- Hathi Trust: partnership of academic & research institutions, offering a collection of millions of titles digitized from libraries around the world.
- DPLA (Digital Public Library of America): digitized texts, videos, images, and sounds from libraries across the United States
- Project Gutenberg: 60,000 free eBooks, focusing mostly on works for which US copyright has expired
- While many public libraries are closed or will continue to close, many also have online resources that you may be able to access.
Open Educational Resources (OERs)
- Openstax: peer-reviewed, openly licensed college textbooks plus slides, exercises, and quizzes
- Open Textbook Library: 703 openly licensed college textbooks, many peer-reviewed and all associated with an institution of higher education, professional organization, or scholarly society
- OASIS: search tool to find OERs such as textbooks, videos, podcasts, learning objects, interactive simulations, and modules.
- MERLOT: is an online repository and international consortium of institutions with tens of thousands of online learning materials such as assessment tools, assignments, courses, textbooks, presentations, and more.
, First Year Seminar
, Global and International Studies
, Government Information
, Physical Education
, Political Science
, Russian Studies
, South Asia
, Urban Studies