Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
As you begin your research it can be helpful to locate some books on your topic. You can use CONSORT, the online catalog of library materials, to find relevant books.
- CONSORT is the shared library catalog for Wooster, Denison, Kenyon, and Ohio Wesleyan.
- CONSORT can be accessed from the Libraries’ home page or via the “Library Quick Links” on any Library web page.
- Start with a Keyword search using the search strategies listed under the Research Basics tab. Once you have results, the results list will provide you with basic information to locate the item.
- Items with a location beginning with WOO are immediately available to Wooster Patrons.
- Items with a location other than Wooster can be obtained using the process described under the Requesting a Book tab above.
Expanding Your Search for Books
One of the keys to conducting research is to find the correct terms used in any database you are searching. In the CONSORT catalog that would be the Subject headings (terms). Once you find and item that is highly relevant you can look at the full record and look at the Subjects. You can click on a specific subject in order to find other items with that same heading. These items should be similar in the nature of the topic covered.
Another method for expanding your search for books and other resources is to perform a search in CONSORT and once you have examined the results there, return to the results page and click the red Search OhioLink button at the top of the page.
You can now browse the collections of over 90 other libraries in Ohio and request items be delivered to you here at Wooster (see the Requesting Books tab above).
, East Asia
, Electronic Books
, First Year Seminar
, Global and International Studies
, Government Information
, Open Access
, Physical Education
, Political Science
, Russian Studies
, South Asia
, Urban Studies