Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Why Learning Outcomes are helpful
- Know where you’re students are going so you can choose the best path
- Assessment based on strong learning outcomes yields results we can use to improve our teaching
For our students:
- Connect students to the purpose of their learning
- Inform them of our expectations
For our instruction program:
- Allow for individual teaching styles and approaches but unify our mission
- Learning outcomes are are a tool to help us communicate with the teaching faculty
Nesting Learning Outcomes
Learning outcomes on the class, program, and institutional level should build off and support one another.